IoT Positioning API
Get the last known position of your IoT and M2M devices and use it in your own solutions to localise your equipment
IoT Positioning API gives information about the last known position for your active IoT/M2M subscription in Telenor’s network. Information about the last known position of devices and equipment is a power-saving way to know if your devices are located where you expect them to be.
How it works
The accuracy of network base positioning depends upon factors like the density of base stations in the mobile network. Tests show that about 90% of the mobile phones can be located within approximately 500 meters in the major cities and within about 10 km in rural areas.
All our IoT/M2M APIs are REST APIs.
Experienced and trusted M2M and IoT-partner
Grab the URL and test the API in your own code
Test the API in your own code or using API tools, like Postman, by following these two steps:
- Add /sandbox/ to the URL for the API:
- Start the URL with https://api.telenor.no
- Add /sandbox/v1
- Add the URL for the API you want to test (see the docs page for the specific API)
- Set header:
- Key: Authorization
- Value: Bearer blabla
The API in Sandbox will return dummy data. You will find more information in the docs.
Try it out
In the API reference documentation it is possible to try out the different methods in the API directly. Follow these steps:
- Log in
- Go to the documentation site for the API you want to test
- Expand the method of your choice, navigate to the tab Try it and click the button Submit
In order to use this functionality you need to be logged in.
Access to client portal (Min Bedrift)
Telenor Min Bedrift is Telenor’s self-service portal, where you can order this API.
For access to Telenor Min Bedrift, your company needs an account in Min Bedrift.
- If your company has an account, an administrator can log in to your company account.
- If your company does not have an account, you can create an account.
- You have to assign the API-admin role to those who are to order APIs
- The API-admin needs full access to mobile subscriptions, not only access to read
Order APIs in Min Bedrift
When you have logged in to Min Bedrift, with API-admin rights, follow these steps to order the API:
- In top menu choose Other services and then APIs
- You have to create an application and then connect the API to the application: Click the button New Pilot Application to create an application and follow the steps in order to configure the application.
- Order. And you're done! You will see your application in the overview in Min Bedrift. You are also able to access the application inside this portal, you need to log in and navigate company’s applications. There you will find the application’s credentials (Client id and client secret)
Assign developers to the ordered APIs
If you want to assign developers to your APIs you are able to do that in this portal. Log in as an administrator with API access rights (if you don’t have these access rights, your company’s super-administrator can manage your rights).
After you have logged in, navigate to the tab Developers.
For internal use: Configure system in Min Bedrift
The system user ensures the right data flow between Telenor and your application. You must set the contact details for the person who is to receive the password for the system user. The username and password for the system user, in addition to clientID and secret, is a part of the secure log-on process towards Telenor from your application.Go to Min Bedrift
For resale solutions: Create connect product
Customers using your solution will need a separate connect product from Telenor to ensure that the right data flows from Telenor to your application used by the customer. Contact us for creating a connnect product for your solution.
In the connect product your customers need to configure the system user. The system user ensures the right data flow between Telenor and your application. You must set the contact details for the person who is to receive the password for the system user. The username and password for the system user, in addition to clientID and secret, is a part of the secure log-on process towards Telenor from your application. Contact us for information on how to make a connect product.
Ready for production
When you are ready for production, Go to your pilot application in Min Bedrift and click the “Verify pilot application” button.
Our API expert team will then come back to you as soon as possible.
When you get an e-mail saying that your pilot application is ready for production, please do the following:
- Go to Min Bedrift
- Find your production application (next to your pilot application)
- Configure the system user in Min Bedrift
- Find the new clientID and secret in developer portal
- Update your application with the new system user username/password and clientID/secret
You are now ready for production!
Looking for integration that is already made?
See available integrations under the tab “Partners” on the API you need. If you find a vendor you want, you will need the application from the vendor and a connect product from Telenor to get your data into the application.
This is how you order a Connect Product
- Log in to Min Bedrift
- Choose «Agreements», «Services from 3.rd parties» and «Add new agreement product»
- Order «Connect Telenor » and choose which accounts to administer
- Configure the system user and send username/password to your developer
- The username/password must be used in vendors solution to get the correct data via the API. See on how it is used.